AHNS 2017 Annual Meeting
Held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM)
April 26-27, 2017
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
Abstract Submission Supporting Documents:
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined commercial interest (“industry”). Also, employees of commercial interests may not be the first author, corresponding author, and/or the senior author of abstracts submitted to AHNS meetings.
All authors who wish to present papers for the AHNS 2017 Annual Meeting MUST submit online via the AHNS Abstracts Submission Site.
The program committee will be responsible for selecting oral and poster presentations. Oral presentations will be presented throughout the main scientific session and a short video may be incorporated into an oral podium presentation. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Final Program.
- No Previously Published/Presented Submissions (Encore Abstracts): The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the AHNS 2017 Annual Meeting held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM).
- Trials in Progress and Case Reports may be submitted
Authors are asked to choose the topic that best matches the content of their abstract:
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Trials in Head and Neck Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Genomics in Head and Neck Cancer
- Hypopharynx / Larynx
- Immunobiology / Immunotherapy of Head and Neck Cancer
- Non Melanoma Skin Cancers
- Oral Cavity
- Oropharynx / Significance of HPV on Cancer Treatment and Survival
- Outcomes Data
- Reconstruction / Microvascular Surgery
- Survivorship / Palliative care / Ethics in Head and Neck Cancer
- Unknown Primary
- Value and Quality in Head and Neck Surgery (Value Based Care)
All authors are invited to compete for the following awards:
- Robert Maxwell Byers Award in the amount of $1,000 US for the best clinical research paper submitted to the meeting
- Best Resident Basic Science Research Paper in the amount of $500 US. Only residents in training can compete for this award and must attest that he/she performed at least 80% of the work
- Best Resident Clinical Paper in the amount of $500 US. Only residents in training can compete for this award and must attest that he/she performed at least 80% of the work
- Best Prevention and Early Detection Papers in the amount of $500 US for first place and $250 for second place
All authors who intend to compete for an award must notify AHNS of their intent at the time of their abstract submission by checking off the award for which they wish to compete. To be considered for the awards noted above, you must also submit a completed manuscript to the AHNS Office by Wednesday, February 22, 2017 to be eligible. Only previously unpublished manuscripts will be considered for awards.
(Please Note: Submitting a manuscript to AHNS for award eligibility is unrelated to submitting a manuscript to the AHNS-affilitated journal. Please see manuscript instructions for the journal below.)
All accepted Oral Presentations are required to submit a manuscript to the AHNS-affiliated journal, JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery by April 15, 2017, via the journal’s web-based manuscript submission system (see below). Please note that this deadline precedes the start of the meeting by 11 days.
ORAL PRESENTERS WHO FAIL TO SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT TO THE JOURNAL BY APRIL 15, 2017 WILL FORFEIT YOUR PRIVILEGE TO PRESENT AT THE ANNUAL MEETING FOR THE SUBSEQUENT TWO ANNUAL MEETINGS. This Policy is firmly enforced and will take effect immediately.
Authors of abstracts selected for Poster Presentation are encouraged to submit a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, but it is not required. To be considered for inclusion in the journal’s AHNS Theme Issue, the manuscript must be submitted before July 15, 2017. All papers submitted to the journal undergo thorough peer review and editorial decisions for acceptance for publication are based on the quality the manuscripts and the editorial priorities of the journal. Papers received by these deadlines will have the most favorable chances for success.
A few select research papers, both Oral and Poster may also be considered for simultaneous publication with presentation during the AHNS meeting. All such papers must be submitted electronically to the journal by Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery papers can be submitted at:
All papers must be complete submissions according to the Journal’s Instructions for Authors.
Instructions for JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery are available at:
Authors of abstracts selected for Oral Presentation may request a waiver from submitting a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, but all requests must be submitted no later than January 13, 2017 in writing to the AHNS Publications Committee via email (email@example.com) or fax (310) 437-0585. Please include your name, abstract reference number, and explanation for requesting the waiver. All decisions regarding waivers will be made by the Publications Committee; authors whose requests are declined will need to withdraw their Oral Presentation if they do not plan to submit a manuscript to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery by the April 15, 2017 deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact the AHNS office:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: 310-437-0559 (ext. 118) • FAX: 310-437-0585