Questions to Ask the Doctor
Questions are your primary resource to gain a better understanding of your disease and enhance your quality of care. Well-thought-out questions can help you get the most out of your appointments and can make all the difference. Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What type of skin cancer do I have?
- What is the stage of my disease? What is my prognosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the benefits of each treatment?
- What are the risks and side effects of each treatment?
- Do you have any advice on managing side
Last reviewed on 2/7/2017 by:
- Daniel Coit, MD, FACS
Professor of Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Attending Surgeon, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Co-Leader of the Melanoma Disease Management Team
Chair of the NCCN Melanoma Committee
Co-Leader of the MSKCC Gastric Cancer Disease Management Team
- Anthony Lucci, Jr., MD
Departamento de Oncología Quirúrgica
División de Cirugía
El Centro de Cáncer MD Anderson de la Universidad de Texas