Community Service Awards for 2018
The American Head and Neck Society’s Prevention and Early Detection Committee is pleased to open the application process for its 2018 Community Service Awards. Five (5) $1,000 awards are given in support of projects or activities related to Oral Head and Neck Cancer Awareness (OHANCA) Program. To learn more about these awards and to submit an application, click HERE.
SLIDE DECK: HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer:
What you need to know about diagnosis, treatment and management
This slide deck is designed to help Head & Neck surgeons better educate pediatricians and other primary care providers about HPV and Head & Neck Cancer, explaining oropharyngeal cancer basics (including the link with HPV) and promoting the vaccine.
HPV Vaccination for Boys
Position Statements from the
AHNS Prevention & Early Detection Committee
- Statement on Oral HPV Screening in the US Population (published April 2017)
- Statement on Early Detection of Pre-Malignant Oral Cancer (published April 2017)
- Statement of E-Cigarette Use (published July 2016)
- Statement of Marijuana Use and HPV and Related Oropharyngeal Cancers (published July 2016)
- Statement of HPV Vaccination for Prevention of HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer (published October 2015)
- Response to the US Preventative Services Task Force’s Recommendation for Screening of Oral and Propharyngeal Cancer (published August 2014)