Community Service Awards for 2018
The Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 Community Service Award recipients:
- Andrew J Nemechek, MD, FACS – The Denver Homeless Head and Neck Cancer Screening and Care Group – weekly head and neck cancer screening program at Father Woody’s shelter
- Prashant Angara, Misha Armstrong, Brandon Burroway, Edward Hadeler, Adam Kravietz, Brent Waldron – University of Miami Miller School of Medicine – free screening in the predominantly Hispanic neighborhood of West Kendall.
- Michelle Chen MD et al – HPV community-based lecture, given to middle and high-school aged children and their families in the Tamalpais Union High School District, Marin County CA
- Raquel K. Zemtsov, MD, MPH – head and neck cancer screening in greater Cincinnati, working a U Cincinnati marketing team
- And the HCNA/AHNS International Outreach Cancer Prevention Award recipient: Salman Ashraf, Matt Buck, Uma Basu, Wendell Yarbrough, Matt Lechner – Targeting Betel-nut Induced Oral Cancer in the UK and US
The American Head and Neck Society’s Prevention and Early Detection Committee is pleased to open the application process for its 2019 Community Service Awards. Five (5) $1,000 awards are given in support of projects or activities related to Oral Head and Neck Cancer Awareness (OHANCA) Program. To learn more about these awards, click HERE.
SLIDE DECK: HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer:
What you need to know about diagnosis, treatment and management
This slide deck is designed to help Head & Neck surgeons better educate pediatricians and other primary care providers about HPV and Head & Neck Cancer, explaining oropharyngeal cancer basics (including the link with HPV) and promoting the vaccine.