Practice Contact Information
Otolaryngology HNS Department, Henry Ford Hospital
2799 West Grand Blvd.
Web Site: http://henryford.com
Areas of Interest in Head and Neck Surgery
Head and Neck Surgeon, Reconstructive Head & Neck Surgery
Dr. Ghanem completed his undergraduate with a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Utah in 1993. ? He went on to do a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Utah which was completed in 2002. ? Towards the end of his Ph.D. he also started Medical School at the University of Utah, and completed his M.D. degree in 2002. ? He went to University of Virginia for his Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Residency which he completed in 2007. ? In 2008, ? he completed his Fellowship Training in Microvascular Surgery with Dr. Mark Wax at Oregon Health and Sciences University. ? He has been at the Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital since 2008. ? He has a joint Clinical Assistant Professor position at the Wayne State University Medical School. ? He is the chief of the Division of Head and Neck Oncological Surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology. ? He is also the Main Campus Service Chief for the Department of Otolaryngology. ? His clinical interests are in the areas of microvascular reconstruction after head and neck surgery as well as transoral robotic surgery (TORS). ?
- Mohammad FHA, Go P, Ghanem T, Stachler R, Hammoud Z. Long-term survival after local resection of cervical esophageal cancer. ? ? Ann of Thor Surg. 2015; 99:2202-03.
- Jesse M, Ryan ME, Eshelman A, Ghanem T, Williams AM, Miller-Matero LR, Yaremchuk, K. Integrated psychological care in head and neck cancer: views from health care providers, patients, and supports. Laryngoscope. 2015; 125:1345-51.
- Jesse M, Fei N, Goldstein E, Rakitin I, Shama L, Hall F, Ghanem T. Head and neck cancer screening and human papilloma virus knowledge across diverse suburban and urban populations. Am J Otolaryngol. 2015; 36:223-229.
- Gayar OH, Ruterbusch JJ, Elshaikh M, Cote M, Ghanem T, Hall F, Siddiqui F. Oropharyngeal carcinoma in young adults: an alarming national trend. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 150: 594-601.
- Young WG, Succar E, Hsu L, Talpos G, Ghanem TA. Causes of emergency department visits following thyroid and parathyroid surgery. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 139:1175-80.
- Worsham MJ, Chen KM, Ghanem T, Stephen JK, Divine G. Epigenetic modulation of signal transduction pathways in HPV-associated HNSCC. Otolaryngol Head and Neck. (In Press)
- Al-Khudari S, Bendix S, Lindholm J, Simmerman E, Hall F, Ghanem T. Gastrostomy tube use after transoral robotic surgery for oropharyngeal cancer. ISRN Otolaryngology. 190364, 5 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/190364
- White H, Ford S, Bush B, Holsinger C, Moore E, Ghanem T, Carroll W, Rosenthal E, Magnusson S. Salvage surgery for recurrent cancers of the oropharynx: comparing TORS with standard open surgical procedures. JAMA Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surg. 2013; 139:773-78.
- Adams P, Ghanem T, Stachler R, Hall F, Velanovich V, Rubinfeld I. Frailty as a predictor of morbidity and mortality in inpatient head and neck surgery. JAMA Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surg. 2013; 139:783-89.
- Chen KM, Stephen JK, Ghanem T, Stachler R, Gardner G, Jones L, Schweitzer VP, Hall F, Divine G, Worsham MJ. Human papilloma virus prevalence in multiethnic screening population. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 148(3):436-42.