Practice Contact Information
Department of Head & Neck Surgery and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Web Site: http://www.ecmc.edu
Areas of Interest in Head and Neck Surgery
Head and Neck Research, Head and Neck Surgeon, Reconstructive Head & Neck Surgery
Dr. Thom Loree is currently the Chief of the Department of Head & Neck and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at ECMC.
Dr. Thom Loree realized his passion for cancer treatment early in his career. Before joining ECMC as the Director of the department, he received his doctorate of medicine from George Washington University and general and plastic surgery training from St. Luke?s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City.
He continued to expand his expertise as a head and neck surgery and oncology fellow with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York and as an attending physician at Roswell Park Cancer Institute for nearly 20 years. During the last 12 years of his Roswell Park tenure, Dr. Thom Loree was Chairman of the Department of Head & Neck/Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Thom Loree currently holds an appointment as an Associate Professor of Surgery at University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, where he continues to conduct research and publish extensively.
none at the present time
Areas of Expertise
- Head and neck surgery
- Plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery
- Oral cancer
- Throat cancer
- Sinus cancer
- Skull base surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid gland
- Breast reconstruction
- Microvascular reconstruction
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Head & Neck, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Residency, Plastic Surgery, St. Luke?s/Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Residency, General Surgery, St. Luke?s/Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- BA, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY