Description and Experience:
The AHNS International Conference Poster Chair is primarily responsible for overseeing the selection of abstracts for poster presentation at the International Conference, which will take place in Boston, MA on July 18-22, 2026. The Poster Chair also oversees the Poster Tours during the Conference, including assigning moderators and overseeing the event on-site.
Although not an official rule, the expectation of the Poster Chair is that they will become the Proferred Papers Chair at the 2029 Conference, Program Chair at the 2032 Conference and Conference Chair at the 2035 Conference.
The ideal candidate will have experience reviewing and scoring abstracts, overseeing a scientific program and will have the time commitment to respond in a quick and efficient manner to inquiries that occur in the months/weeks leading up to the Conference.
Specific duties of the Poster Chair include:
- Develop the Call for Abstract Submission Guidelines, along with AHNS staff.
- Review and score the abstract submissions proposals gathered during the Call for Abstracts.
- Assign poster presentations, organized by topics.
- Work with the AHNS staff on the logistics and assigning of moderators for the Poster Tour during the Conference.
- Maintain compliance with the ACCME accreditation standards to provide continuing medical education and maintenance of certification (CME/MOC) credit for physician participants.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings (virtually) with program leaders and AHNS staff members managing the day-to-day operations of the Conference program. Those meetings occur monthly about 1.5 years leading up to the Conference. Report on poster updates during these meetings.
- Assist with planning and coordination of Themed Programs presented on the day prior to the official opening of the meeting to dovetail with the instruction courses presented that day.
- Work with program coordinator, program chair and Oral Abstracts Chairs to plan the content and faculty of the meeting through select conference calls.
- Serve on the Program Service, which meets in person once a year.
Self-nominate by completing the information below: