AHNS 10th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer
“Survivorship through Quality and Innovation”
July 22-25, 2021
Hyatt Regency Chicago
Abstract Submission Supporting Documents:
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined commercial interest (“industry”). AHNS considers the presenter of a proffered paper to be in control of the content. Thus, employees and owners of commercial interests may not be the presenter for abstracts submitted to AHNS meetings.
All authors who wish to present papers for the AHNS 10th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer MUST submit online via the AHNS Abstracts Submission Site.
The Scientific Program Service and Scientific Review Committee will be responsible for selecting oral and poster presentations. Oral presentations will be presented throughout the main scientific session and a short video may be incorporated into an oral podium presentation. Accepted abstracts may be published in the Final Program, on the AHNS website and on the JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery website.
- No Previously Published/Presented Submissions (Encore Abstracts): The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the AHNS 10th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, and shall not be under review for publication prior to the AHNS 10th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer except by permission from the AHNS Program Chair. The exception to this rule is that a manuscript may be submitted to JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery for special meeting related consideration only after the abstract has been accepted by AHNS for presentation.
- Trials in Progress and Case Reports may be submitted
- Abstract submissions are limited to 500 words or less
- Images are allowed with abstract submissions. Images must be no larger than 1MB in file size, and no larger than 900 pixels wide by 900 pixels high
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title
Authors are asked to choose the topic that best matches the content of their abstract:
- Cancer Biology
- Education/Care Delivery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Functional Outcomes/Quality
- Imaging and Screening
- Immunotherapy/Systemic Therapy
- Nasopharynx/Paranasal Sinus/Skull Base
- Oral Cavity
- Oropharynx/HPV Related Disease
- Radiation/Adjuvant Treatment
- Reconstruction/Microvascular Surgery
- Salivary Gland
- Skin Cancers
Authors are invited to compete for one of the following awards. Only abstracts selected for Podium Presentation will be eligible for awards.
- Robert Maxwell Byers Award in the amount of $1,000 US for the best clinical research paper submitted to the meeting
- Randal Weber, MD Award for Quality, Safety and Value in Head and Neck Oncology in the amount of $1000 for the best paper submitted to the meeting in these areas of academic/clinical interest
- Best Resident Basic Science Research Paper in the amount of $500 US. Only residents in training can compete for this award and must attest that he/she performed at least 80% of the work
- Best Resident Clinical Paper in the amount of $500 US. Only residents in training can compete for this award and must attest that he/she performed at least 80% of the work
- Best Prevention and Early Detection Papers in the amount of $500 US for first place and $250 for second place
To be considered for the awards noted above, you must submit a completed manuscript to the AHNS Office by Wednesday, May 19, 2021 to be eligible. Only previously unpublished manuscripts will be considered for awards. More details on manuscript submission for awards consideration will be sent out with Podium acceptance notifications.
(Please Note: Submitting a manuscript to AHNS for award eligibility is unrelated to submitting a manuscript to the AHNS-affilitated journal. Please see manuscript instructions for the journal below.)
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS TO THE AHNS-AFFILIATED JOURNAL
JAMA OTOLARYNGOLOGY – HEAD & NECK SURGERY ARE ENCOURAGED
All accepted abstract submissions are encouraged to submit a manuscript to the AHNS-affiliated journal, JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, via the journal’s web-based manuscript submission system (see below).
To be considered for inclusion in the journal’s AHNS Theme Issue, the manuscript must be submitted before May 10, 2021. All papers submitted to the journal undergo thorough peer review and editorial decisions for acceptance for publication are based on the quality the manuscripts and the editorial priorities of the journal. Papers received by these deadlines will have the most favorable chances for success.
JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery papers can be submitted at:
All papers must be complete submissions according to the Journal’s Instructions for Authors.
Instructions for JAMA Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery are available at:
Important: Authors should also click on the following link to view a 2-minute video with additional instructions
If you have any questions, please contact the AHNS office:
Email: email@example.com • Phone: 310-437-0559 (ext. 118) • FAX: 310-437-0585