Practice Contact Information
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
5 East 98th Street
8th Floor, Box 1191
Web Site: https://www.mountsinai.org/profiles/diana-n-kirke
Areas of Interest in Head and Neck Surgery
Endocrine Surgery, Head and Neck Research, Head and Neck Surgeon, Reconstructive Head & Neck Surgery
Diana N. Kirke, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. She received her medical degree from the University of Queensland and completed her Otolaryngology Residency via the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Adelaide, Australia.
After completing her training, she relocated to New York to complete a Research Fellowship at Mount Sinai. This was followed by a Head and Neck Microvascular Fellowship at Boston University, and then a Laryngology Fellowship at both the New York Center for Voice and Swallowing Disorders and the Sean Parker Institute for the Voice
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Kirke DN, Sulica L. The natural history of vocal fold cysts. Laryngoscope [Epub ahead of print].
- Kirke DN, Kaye R, Blitzer A. Impact of an upper respiratory tract infection on botulinum toxin efficacy in spasmodic dysphonia patients. Laryngoscope [Epub ahead of print.
- Rubin SJ, Wu KY, Kirke DN, Ezzat WH, Truong MT, Salama AR, Jalisi S. Head and Neck Cancer Complications in the Geriatic Population Based on Hospital Case Volume. Ear Nose Throat J [Epub ahead of print].
- Kirke DN, Blitzer A. Interesting case of late Gore-Tex extrusion following medialization laryngoplasty. Laryngoscope [Epub ahead of print].
- Kirke DN, Qureshi MM, Kamran SC, Ezzat W, Jalisi S, Salama A, Everett PC, Truong MT. Role of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy in T4N0 stage IV head and neck cancer: A National Cancer Database analysis. Head Neck. 2018 Jun;40(6):1174-1184.
- Rubin SJ, Kirke DN, Ezzat, WE, Truong MT, Salama AR, Jalisi S. Marital status as a predictor of survival in patients with human papilloma virus positive oropharyngeal cancer. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017 Nov-Dec;38(6):654-659.
- Giacalone NJ, Qureshi MM, Mak KS, Kirke DN, Patel SA, Shah BA, Salama A, Jalisi S, Truong MT. Adjuvant chemoradiation does not improve survival in elderly patients with high risk head and neck cancer. Laryngoscope. 2018 Apr;128(4):831-840.
- Wong K, Gilad A, Cohen MB, Kirke DN, Jalisi S. The Patient Education Materials Assessment Tool for Laryngectomy Health Information. Head Neck. 2017 Nov;39(11):2256-2263.
- Jalisi S, Rubin SJ, Wu KY, Kirke DN. Outcomes of Head and Neck Cancer Surgery in the Geriatric Population based on Case Volume at Academic Centers. 2017 Nov;127(11):2539-2544.
- Rubin SJ, Cohen MB, Kirke DN, Qureshi MM, Truong MT, Jalisi S. Comparison of Facility Type Outcomes for Oral Cavity Cancer using the National Cancer Database. 2017 Nov;127(11):2551-2557.
- Kirke DN, Chitguppi C, Rubin SJ, Truong MT, Jalisi S. Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the base of tongue: A population-based study. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017 May – Jun;38(3):279-284.
- Kirke DN, Owen RP, Carrao V, Miles BA, Kass JI. Using 3D computer planning for complex reconstruction of mandibular defects. Cancers of the Head & Neck. 2016; 1:17.
- Kirke DN, Battistella G, Kumar V, Rubien Thomas E, Choy M, Rumbach A, Simonyan K. Neural correlates of dystonic tremor: a multimodal study of voice tremor in spasmodic dysphonia. Brain Imaging Behav. 2017 Feb;11(1):166-175.
- Kirke DN, Frucht SJ, Simonyan K. Alcohol responsiveness in laryngeal dystonia: a survey study. J Neurol 2015 Jun; 262(6): 1548-56.
- Kirke DN, Porceddu S, Wallwork BD, Panizza B, Coman WB. Pathologic occult neck disease in patients with metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma to the parotid. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2011 Apr; 144(4) 549-51.
- Kirke D, Horwood K, Wallwork B. Floor of mouth and tongue metastasis from malignant pleural mesothelioma. ANZ J Surg2010 Jul-Aug; 80(7-8) 556-8.