Practice Contact Information
Mayo Clinic Florida
4500 San Pablo Road South
Web Site: https://www.mayoclinic.org/biographies/janus-jeffrey-r-m-d/bio-20097323
Areas of surgical specialization in Head and Neck Surgery
Endocrine Surgery, Head and Neck Surgeon, Reconstructive Head & Neck Surgery
I am the current chairman of the Otolaryngology Department at Mayo Clinic Florida; a group that delivers excellent care to patients and which am very honored to be part of. My practice is 100% head and neck oncology, endocrine, and reconstructive surgery. I pride myself on treating patients how I would want to be treated: with care, compassion, and candor.
Dr. Jeffrey R. Janus is currently the Chair of the Department of Otolaryngology at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. He is a board certified, fellowship trained, Head and Neck Oncologic and Reconstructive Surgeon. Dr. Janus trained at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Florida where he received entrance into the Junior Honors Medical Program, combining the last year of undergraduate training and the first year of medical school. He was at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota from 2008-2019 as an Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon. In early 2020, Dr. Janus transferred to Mayo Clinic Florida to continue his work. Dr. Janus’s interests include:
- Salivary tumor (Parotid Gland) Surgery with special focus on postoperative facial nerve function and aesthetics
- Removal and reconstruction of Head and Neck Cancers with concentration on restoration of pre-morbid form and function. These cases are often done with preoperative 3D planning and 3D printing of patient specific tools.
- Endocrine Surgery — removal of thyroid and parathyroid tumors with consideration of voice function
- Robotic Surgery — the use of the surgical robot to remove tumors of the throat (oropharynx) and voice box (larynx)
- Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Clinic — this is a group of Head and Neck Surgeons, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Pathologists, Radiologists, and other staff who meet regularly at Mayo Clinic Florida to review complex cases and compose multidisciplinary treatment plans.
- Minimally invasive (endoscopic) approaches to the skull base and pituitary gland
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Janus’ is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and fellows. He authors expert content and publishes in high-impact scientific journals and actively collaborates with the center for regenerative medicine and the cancer center.