Practice Contact Information
University of Maryland School of Medicine – Dept of Otolaryngology
16 S. Eutaw Street
Areas of Interest in Head and Neck Surgery
Kyle Hatten, MD is the Director of Robotic Surgery in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and the University of Maryland. He received his training at the University of Pennsylvania in head and neck oncology, microvascular reconstruction, and robotic surgery.
Dr. Hatten’s practice focuses on the care of pediatric and adult patients with malignant and benign tumors of the head and neck including cancers of the oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx; tumors of the paranasal sinuses; tumors of the salivary glands; and cutaneous malignancies including melanoma of the head and neck. Dr. Hatten is trained to perform open and endoscopic approaches for treatment of tumors of the skull base as well as complex reconstruction of head and neck defects using microvascular free flap techniques.
- Hatten, K, Brody, R., Weinstein, G., Newman, J., Bur, A., Chalian, A., O’Malley, B., Rassekh, C., Cannady, S. Defining the Role of Free Flaps for Transoral Robotic Surgery. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2018, Jan; 80(1): 45-49
- Hatten, K., Weinstein, G., Lin, A. Transoral Robotic Surgery-Assisted Endoscopy-Reply. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017, Oct; 1;143(10): 1059
- Hatten, K., Gupta, N., Strome, S. What additional treatment is indicated for oral cavity cancer with isolated perineural invasion? Laryngoscope. 2017. Sept. 127(9): 1965-1966
- Cannady, S., Hatten, K., Bur, A., Brant, J., Fischer, J., Newman, J., Chalian A. Use of free tissue transfer in head and neck cancer surgery and risk of overall and serious complication(s): An American College of Surgeons-National Surgical Quality Improvement Project analysis of free tissue transfer to the head and neck. Head & Neck. 2017. Apr; 39(4): 702-707.
- Hatten, K., O’Malley BW Jr., Bur AM, Patel M., Rassekh, C., Newman, J., Cannady, S., Chalian, A., Hodnett, B., Lin, A., Lukens, J., Cohen, R., Bauml, J., Montone, K., Livolsi, V., Weinstein, G. Transoral Robotic Surgery-Assited Endoscopy with Primary Site Detection and Treatment in Occult Mucosal Primaries. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017, Mar; 143(3): 267-273.
- Cannady, S., Hatten, K., Wax, M. Postoperative Controversies in the Management of Free Flap Surgery in the Head and Neck. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2016, Aug; 24(3):309-314