Practice Contact Information
Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 West Wisconsin Avenue
Web Site: https://doctors.froedtert.com/PhysicianDirectory/Stadler-Michael-MD.htm
Areas of Interest in Head and Neck Surgery
Head and Neck Research, Head and Neck Surgeon
Dr. Michael E. Stadler is a Board Certified Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgeon and has specialized fellowship training in Head and Neck Oncologic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Stadler is a Wisconsin native and spent eight years at the University of Wisconsin where he earned is BS and MD degrees. He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. He completed his Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at the University of North Carolina before going on to complete a Head and Neck Oncology/Microvascular Reconstruction Fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis.
Dr. Stadler specializes in both open and minimally-invasive approaches to benign and malignant head and neck neoplasms. His fellowship training focused heavily on the use of lasers for the minimal-invasive resection of head and neck tumors. Dr. Stadler is also trained in head and neck reconstruction, including free tissue transfer techniques, and also specializes in thyroid and salivary gland surgery, office-based ultrasound procedures, and sialendoscopy.
His research interests currently focus on HPV-related head and neck cancer, minimizing treatment-related morbidity in head and neck cancer patients, minimally-invasive approaches to head and neck cancers, and the use of quality metrics in head and neck cancer care.
- Eickmeyer S, Mencias T, and Stadler ME. Functional Impairments after Neck Dissection and Adjuvant Treatment: Patterns of Care. International Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. (accepted, in print)
- Graboyes EM, Gross J, Kallogjeri D, Piccirillo JF, Al-Gilani M, Stadler ME, Nussenbaum B. Association of Compliance with Process-Related Quality Metrics and Improved Survival in Oral Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. Epub ahead of print, Feb 11, 2016.
- Dhakal B, Harrington AM, Stadler ME, D’Sounza A. Localized Lymph Node Light Chain Amyloidosis. Case Reports in Hematology. Epub ahead of print, April 2, 2015.
- Nichols BG, Stadler ME, Poetker DM. Attitudes toward professionalism education in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency Programs. Laryngoscope. 2015 Feb;125(2):348-53.
- Dahl JP, Stadler ME, et al. Connexin-Related (DFNB1) Hearing Loss: Is Routine Computed Tomography Imaging Necessary? Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 May;152(5):889-96.
- McCormick ME, Stadler ME, Shah RK. Embedding Quality and Safety in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Education. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 May; 152(5): 778-82.
- Taylor RJ, Patel MR, Wheless SA, McKinney KA, Stadler ME, et al. Endoscopic Endonasal Approaches to Infratemporal Fossa Tumors: A Classification System and Case Series. Laryngoscope. 2014 Nov;124(11):2443-50.
- Nichols BG, Nichols LM, Poetker DM, Stadler ME. Operationalizing Professionalism: A meaningful and practical integration for resident education. Laryngoscope. 2014 Jan; 124(1): 110-5.
- Patel MR, Ni Zhao MS, Mei-Kim A, Stadler ME, et al. ERCC1-protein expression is associated with differential survival in oropharyngeal head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Otol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Oct; 149(4): 587-95.
- Seigel JK, Stadler ME, et al. Chromobacterium violaceum necrotizing fasciitis: A case report and review of the literature. Ear, Nose & Throat Journal. 2012; 91(11): 479-83.
- Patel MR, Stadler ME, et al. STT3A, Clorf24, TFF3: Putative Markers for Characterization of Follicular Thyroid Neoplasms from Fine-Needle Aspirates. Laryngoscope. 2011;121(5):983-9.
- Stadler ME, Huang BY, Campbell A, Buchman CA, Adunka OF. Endolymphatic Sac Abscess in the Setting of Enlarged Vestibular Aqueduct Syndrome. Otology & Neurotology; 2011; 32(3):18-19.
- Madan G, Stadler ME, et al. Adolescents with Tracheostomies – Communications in Cyberspace. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 75(5); 678-680.
- Patel MR, Stadler ME et al, Zanation AM. How to Choose? Endoscopic Skull Base Reconstructive Options and Limitations. Skull Base 2010; 20(6): 397-404.
- McKinney KA, Stadler ME, et al. Trans-palatal Greater Palatine Canal Injection: How to bend the needle for pediatric sinus surgery. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2010; Sep;24(5):385-8.
- Stadler ME, Patel MR, Couch ME, Hayes DN. Molecular biology of head and neck cancer: risks and pathways. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2008 Dec;22(6):1099-124.
- Damrauer J, Stadler ME, Acharyya S, Baldwin A, Couch ME, Guttridge DC. Chemotherapy-induced muscle wasting: association with nf-kb and cancer cachexia. Basic Applied Myology. 2008 18(5):139-148.