AHNS Educational Series: Presented by the AHNS Cancer Prevention and Survivorship/Supportive Care/Rehabilitation Services
In Partnership with the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance
“HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer: The Importance of Early Detection and Prevention”
The AHNS gratefully acknowledges the generous educational grant in support of this activity from Roche.
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 7:00 PM Eastern
This session is one hour and complimentary to all!
Ann Gillenwater, MD – AHNS Cancer Prevention Service Vice-Chair
Laura Dooley, MD – AHNS Cancer Prevention Service Member
Warren Swegal, MD – AHNS Survivorship/Supportive Care/Rehabilitation Service Member
Kristin Oliver, MD – Pediatrician
Michael Murphy – Survivor, Head and Neck Cancer Alliance Ambassador
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the current trends in the epidemiology of HPV-related oropharyngeal cancer
- Recognize the common clinical presentation of HPV-related oropharyngeal cancer
- Distinguish the short and long-term side effects that come with head and neck cancer treatment
- Articulate current barriers to population-based screening for HPV-related oropharyngeal cancer, thus emphasizing the importance of primary prevention
- Outline the current indications for HPV-vaccination and the role it plays in prevention of HPV-related cancers.