Open to all AHNS members, this program will support and facilitate academic and professional growth of members through a 1-year mentorship program.
Mentorship can focus on career development, academic advancement, practice improvement, and/or work/life balance.
This program will allow AHNS members to reach beyond their current academic network to:
- Reach specific career goals with supportive, experienced guidance (mentees)
- Benefit from the opportunity to increase leadership and communications skills (mentors)
A generalized curriculum will be provided, along with supportive literature to use as necessary. Mentors and mentees will be expected to:
- Communicate monthly via phone, email or FaceTime
- Establish a mentorship agreement (framework to be provided)
- Formulate an action plan (based on mentee goals)
- Meet in person once at the end of the year, i.e. at an annual meeting
Deadline for Application is Thursday March 26, 2020
This program is sponsored by the Women in HNS Service, who will host a “Meet your Mentor” reception at our international meeting on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois. Don’t miss a chance to participate in this great program!
Please contact the AHNS Administrative Office with any questions.