Open to all AHNS members, this program will support and facilitate academic and professional growth of members through a 1-year mentorship program.
Mentorship can focus on career development, academic advancement, practice improvement, and/or work/life balance.
This program will allow AHNS members to reach beyond their current academic network to:
- Reach specific career goals with supportive, experienced guidance (mentees)
- Benefit from the opportunity to increase leadership and communications skills (mentors)
A generalized curriculum will be provided, along with supportive literature to use as necessary. Mentors and mentees will be expected to:
- Communicate monthly via phone, email or FaceTime
- Establish a mentorship agreement (framework to be provided)
- Formulate an action plan (based on mentee goals)
- Meet in person once at the end of the year, i.e. at an annual meeting
Click the link below to apply to be a mentor:
APPLICATION FOR MENTEES CLOSED. APPLICATION FOR MENTORS
Deadline Application for Mentors is Friday April 10, 2020
Mentor/mentees will be matched based on the areas of interest and career goals listed in their *very short *application.
This program is sponsored by the Women in HNS Service, who will host a “Meet your Mentor” reception at our international meeting on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois. Don’t miss a chance to participate in this great program!
Please contact the AHNS Administrative Office with any questions.
Melonie Nance, MD and Ozlem Tulunay-Ugur, MD
AHNS Mentoring Program Chairs