Open to all AHNS members, this program will support and facilitate academic and professional growth of members through a 1-year mentorship program.
Mentorship can focus on career development, academic advancement, practice improvement, and/or work/life balance.
This program will allow AHNS members to reach beyond their current academic network to:
- Reach specific career goals with supportive, experienced guidance (mentees)
- Benefit from the opportunity to increase leadership and communications skills (mentors)
A generalized curriculum will be provided, along with supportive literature to use as necessary. Mentors and mentees will be expected to:
- Communicate monthly via phone, email or FaceTime
- Establish a mentorship agreement (framework to be provided)
- Formulate an action plan (based on mentee goals)
- Meet in person once at the end of the year, i.e. at an annual meeting
Click the links below to apply to be a mentee or a mentor:
Deadline for Application is Monday, January 21, 2019
Mentor/mentees will be matched based on the areas of interest and career goals listed in their *very short *application.
This program is sponsored by the Women in HNS Service, who will host a “Meet your Mentor” reception at our annual meeting on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 in Austin, TX. Don’t miss the FREE FOOD and a chance to participate in this great program!
Please contact the AHNS Administrative Office with any questions.
Melonie Nance, MD
AHNS Mentoring Program Chair