AHNS Leadership Convenes Via Zoom
In a parallel universe, we would have just concluded our 10th International Conference in Chicago. As you are all aware, this conference is postponed until next summer, where hopefully we will meet in person. However, conducting the business of the society is still a priority of many of the AHNS leaders and even the global pandemic did not stop the AHNS Council from meeting and discussing the initiatives and action items our services and sections have been working on (please click here to see the AHNS Council donning our fashionable masks).
I wanted to briefly update you on the work and progress of our leaders, as it’s vast and impressive! It wouldn’t be possible without their dedication and commitment to the mission of our society.
Some of the AHNS initiatives include:
- Advanced Training Council continuation of curriculum education for our fellows
- Upcoming webinars from various sections and services, including potential CME credits, to help provide education for our members
- Special symposium on Ethics and COVID-19 during COSM
- Abstract opening (part 2!) for our International Conference next summer
- A renewed patient education initiative that will involve all six sections
- Increased social media campaigns
- Special forums and bulletin board on COVID-19
- An increased number of guidelines and position statements, endorsed by the AHNS
- Awarding of research grants, awards and mentoring partnerships
- And more international collaboration!
As it turns out, and as no surprise, surgeons are even more productive during a global crisis. Thank you to the AHNS Council, Service Chairs, Section Leaders and Representatives and to all members who are coming together to produce impactful work for our specialty. If you have any suggestions for the society or would like to become more involved, please reach out to our Executive Director, Christina Kasendorf, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well,
Cherie-Ann Nathan, MD