This course is free to fellows in an AHNS Advanced Training Council (ATC) accredited program.
Hands-On Course Confirmed Date: Thursday 1/25/24 OR Friday 1/26/24 in Atlanta, GA
Thursday – 1/25/24 – Full Day Hands-on Course from 7:00am ET – 4:00pm ET tentatively
Friday – 1/26/24 – Full Day Hands-on Course from 7:00am ET – 4:00pm ET tentatively
**Exact schedule will be available at a later time. All Hands-on sessions will take place in Atlanta, GA.
To be eligible to participate in the AHNS TORS Training Curriculum for Fellows during the 2023-2024 academic year, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To receive a certificate of completion for the curriculum, fellows must:
- Be a fellow in an AHNS ATC accredited program
- Register for the 2023-2024 AHNS Transoral Robotic Training Course via the application below
- Complete the Virtual Didactic Training Module (fellows will receive access to the Virtual Didactic Module after they have registered for the course)
- Submit a letter of support/recommendation from your Program Director (https://www.ahns.info/ahns-tors-fellow-lor/)
- Attend a hands-on training
- Submit T-Res log of 10+ TORS procedures as assistant and 10+ TORS procedures as surgeon (email to [email protected])
- Submit a CV
- Please note this is considered an advanced head and neck course. All participants must have previous training on a da Vinci SI or SP system at your training institution. If you only have training on a XI system, you will not be eligible to participate. Please email Ochun Farlice ([email protected]) if you have any questions.
The registration deadline for the 2023-2024 Course is Monday, September 11, 2024. Please note that dates will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and that we have a limited number of seats available in this years course. All notifications of acceptance into the course and confirmation of your training date will be sent to you via email after September 11, 2024.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come basis. The didactic on-demand course must be completed prior to hands-on training. Please submit your application to participate through the form below.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who complete the AHNS TORS Curriculum will be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
All participants will be expected to maintain a TORS case log during fellowship through T-Res. However, only participants able to document a minimum of 10 TORS procedures completed as assistant and 10 TORS procedures completed as surgeon will be eligible for the certificate.
If you are confirmed for a course date, please note any cancellations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Any cancellations within two weeks of the hands on training will forfeit your participate in future hands on training and you will not receive a certificate of completion. If you have any questions about this policy, please let me know.
For any questions, please contact the AHNS office at [email protected].