AHNS 2017 Annual Meeting
“Strengthening the AHNS through Diversity and Global Outreach ”
Held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM)
April 26–27, 2017
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
The AHNS is the single largest organization in North America for the advancement of research and education in head and neck oncology. Our 2017 annual meeting will be held during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM). The theme of the meeting is “Strengthening the AHNS through Diversity and Global Outreach.”
A total of eight societies meet during COSM with the AHNS meeting taking place the first two days, Wednesday April 26 and Thursday April 27. We anticipate more than 400 attendees to the AHNS meeting alone.
On Tuesday, April 25 the AHNS will present several pre-meeting educational offerings including a hand-on ultrasound course, a half day thyroid and parathyroid course for residents and fellows, a hands-on TOS robotic course.
There are several opportunities for industry to gain visibility with this key audience through support of the meeting. For more information, please contact Colleen Elkins, Director of Development at 310-437-0559, ext 114, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of companies will have the opportunity to present an educational event of their choosing which may include, for example, a panel discussion or an invited speaker. Rooms for this event will be assigned on a first-come first-served basis, upon approval by AHNS.
This is a great opportunity to have an exclusive audience with AHNS attendees focused on education directly related to your goals.
There will two opportunities:
- An evening symposium on Tuesday, April 25 from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- A morning symposium on Thursday, April 27 from 6:15 am – 7:30 am
- Companies wishing to host a satellite symposium must complete an application form and provide a program outline.
- Any faculty honoraria will be determined and paid for by the individual supporting company.
- AHNS does not permit Key AHNS Leaders to participate in Satellite Symposia as faculty members, presenters, chairs, consultants, or in any other role besides that of an attendee who receives no honoraria or reimbursement.
- Provision of CME for satellite symposia is optional. The AHNS will not provide CME for these sessions; if a company determines they would like to provide CME, they must do so through a third party provider.
- Room set and AV set are included in the symposium fee. Details will be provided for both. AV set cannot be changed, however additional services may be obtained through the AHNS AV provider. Any changes to the room set must be approved by the AHNS and may include additional charges.
- F & B is not included in the symposium fee. Companies may make arrangements for F & B through the contracted provider.
- The symposia will be promoted in the Advance Program (if confirmed before January 5, 2017) and in the Final Program (if confirmed before February 25, 2017.)
- Symposia will be included on daily event signage on the day the symposium is being held.
- Symposia will be promoted on the meeting website.
- Complimentary one-time use of the pre and post meeting registration list (emails not included). The AHNS must review and approve all promotional pieces prior to distribution. The lists will be provided electronically in an Excel format.
The fee for hosting a Symposia is $10,000 for room to accommodate up to between 150 – 300 theater style.
Exhibits, Marketing, Function Space Requests
CONTACT Judy Hambrick, Exhibits Coordinator c/o American College of Surgeons 633 N. Saint Clair St. Phone: 312/202-5034 Fax: 312/267-1783 E-mail: email@example.com
Click on this link to learn access the exhibitor prospectus: http://cosm.md/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/COSM_2017_Exhibitor_Prospectus.pdf
ADVERTISING & MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES—COSM is excited to, once again partner, with TriStar Publishing for our corporate support marketing and advertising opportunities. As a leader in the industry, TriStar representatives will work closely with you to provide marketing solutions to maximize your visibility during COSM 2017. For more information, contact Brennah Tate at 913.491.4200 x 482 or btate@tristarpub. com. Detailed information will be available on the COSM web site at www.cosm.md in January 2017.
FUNCTION SPACE—All requests for function space (including social functions, sales meetings, group meetings, etc) must be submitted using the electronic function space request form included in the online exhibitor service manual and submitted to the COSM office. Requests for function space cannot be made directly with Manchester Grand Hyatt or any other hotel used by COSM to house registrants. Exhibitors may not conduct, participate in, or sponsor any educational or marketing activities directed toward COSM participants during times that conflict with scientific sessions or educational activities of any COSM society. All requests for function space are subject to approval by the COSM Secretaries Liaison Committee. If you have any questions regarding the function space request form please contact Marisa Villalba at 312/202-5322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.